A 74.320 m² roof for a tobacco warehouse in Memphis, Tennessee, USA. Company had extremely high energy costs due to air-conditioning that was needed to cool the facility, which had a black EPDM roof.
One layer of 10 dry mils (250 µ) of SUPER THERM on top of existing membrane.
Summary of official results submitted in report.
- Roof temperature black EPDM roof uncoated is 190,8°F (88,2°C)
- Temperature on underside uncoated surface is 103°F (39,4°C)
- Roof temperature black EPDM membrane coated with SUPERTHERM is 121°F (49,4°C)
- Temperature on underside coated surface is 95°F (35°C)
- Uncoated surface allows 7,85 BTU/HR/SQ.FT (24,75 W/m²) to enter the building
- Coated surface allows 2,33 BTU/HR/ SQ.FT (7,35 W/m²) = 70,32% reduction
- Difference of 5,52 BTU/HR/ SQ.FT (17,40 W/m²) for the 800.000ft² roof reflects in 4.416.000 BTU/HR (1.294 KW/hr) or 368 Tons equipment savings.
- Uncoated roof load is 6.468.277 CFM/ SQ.FT over 800.000 SQ.FT.
- Coated roof load is 3.374.318 CFM/ SQ.FT over 800.000 SQ.FT. = 47,8% savings
reference: products we used
Products we used
Contact us button (gray)